Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wild for Webinars!

I'm starting to think I'm becoming a webinar fanatic. So far this school year I've attended two webinars and I just registered for another later this month. What is really nice about these webinars is that they are done in the comfort of your own home and have been free! I will try to give a review of each webinar like I did last month so I can share information with families who may find it helpful.

This past Thursday I was fortunate to attend a webinar put on by a group called Our Gifted Online Conferences (see giftedonlineconferences.com for more details on the resource). The speaker for the webinar was Dr. Deborah L. Ruf and she generously gave her time for two hours to talk about the 5 levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options (which is the new title for her book which used to be called Loosing our Minds: Gifted Children Left behind). Even though I already read her book, I still found the webinar full of great information and it helped to hear clarifications of points in the book.

The next NAGC free webinar I'll be attending is on Wed., Oct. 21st from 6-7pm called Stimulating Curiosity and Creativity in Young Children. It will be conducted by Deborah Hazelton from the California Association of the Gifted. Just go to http://www.nagc.org/ for more details and to register. Once again it is FREE! :)

If you are also interested in attending the NAGC convention in St. Louis, MO, but like me don't have the money to attend, you might want to check out their virtual convention option which is affordable and full of great sessions you can join in on via the web. The date will be Sat., Nov., 7th from 8:30am-5:45pm CT and is $79 for members or $99 for nonmembers. They also have a best value package where you get access to all sessions that will be recorded throughout the convention (from Nov. 5th-8th) for just $179/$199. Again see their website for more information (http://www.nagc.org/).

I hope you join me for the free webinars so we can discuss them as a group!
Thanks for reading,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mom2two, this is another good review of the event and information for parents who could benefit from the resources. Nice job.
    jpb

    ReplyDelete